Oct. 10, 2011
by Amy Miller, Ticketfly Community Manager
If you can pull yourself away from Mafia Wars for a minute, here are some stats to blow your Tuesday minds!
– That’s over 11% of the planet
– That’s double the population of the entire United States plus ANOTHER TWO HUNDRED MILLION
– If you stacked every Facebook user head to toe, Facebook’s user base would wrap around the moon ABOUT 119 TIMES . Whoa.
– Ummm…that’s bananas
– 53.5 billion minutes per month are spent on Facebook
3. Facebook users market your events for free
– An average user has 130 friends
– On average, more than 2 billion posts are liked and commented on per day
– More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
– An average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events. (That means, if you ask them to like your Event or Page, they probably will.)
– More than 350 million active users currently access Facebook through their mobile devices
– Mobile users spend more than twice as much time on Facebook than non-mobile users
– An iPhone app for your venue will put Facebook Share right in the hands of these key users
5. Facebook users care about music
– After Movies, TV shows, and Books*, the 4th most popular Facebook Page type is music-related pages
– The most popular Facebook music event in history had over 250,000 RSVPs
– BandPage by Rootmusic is the 6th most popular Facebook app overall nd they’re teamed up with three of Ticketfly’s affiliates, serving up our events and ticket links to millions of Facebook users every day
*I, too, am shocked that people are still reading books after seeing stats 1-4.
With the Facebook behemoth dominating just about every internet statistic there is, it’s crazy not to use it as a marketing tool. Recently, Ticketfly partnered up with Southern Ground Music Festival and via a Facebook contest promotion, and we were able to take their Facebook page from 500 to over 13,000 Fans in about a week. It just works.
How is Ticketfly helping you become the Facebook promoter of your dreams?
– Our website is Facebook- connected
– You can build an event once, and post it to Facebook and an RSVP widget all in one fell swoop
– Soon, In one click, ticket buyers will be able to: (1) create a personalized News Feed story and “like” artists, (2) RSVP to the event, and (3) invite friends to purchase tickets to the same event.
– We provide detailed analytics on how many tickets Facebook is selling for your venue, which events performed the best, and how many people are sharing your events
And so much more to come!
If you are a Ticketfly Client or you’re thinking of switching and you have any questions about running Facebook promotions, the Ticketfly Amplifier, building Facebook events, running Facebook ads, getting more fans or ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING ELSE, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org