Bruce Morrison, GM of Ticketfly Canada (left) & Dave Lock, Sales Manager (right), loving Canadian Music Week 2014
Ticketfly Canada is almost two, and my oh my how it’s grown up before our very eyes. Our second year of operations in Canada was a blockbuster one, a time that—in true Ticketfly fashion—can be summed up in only two ways: partners and parties.
In 2014 we officially moved from “Ticket-who?” to “Ticketfly!” in the eyes of Canada’s independent promoters and venues. We added more than 50 new clients to the roster, from a comedy festival in Vancouver to a brewery in Toronto. Here’s just a taste:
- London Music Hall – this premier stop for bands and artists as they tour through Southern Ontario features one 1930-cap music hall and a more intimate 300-cap club.
- Beau’s – Hello neighbor! Welcome to Beau’s, a local, family-run, DIY brewery in Ontario that also hosts everything from CCR cover bands to musical comedy troupes.
- NorthWest Comedy Fest – The laugh riot happens three times a year for multi-day runs in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Catch stand up favourites, up and comers, improv, podcasts and all ages events.
- Center of Gravity Festival – An outsized adrenaline-fueled sports and music festival, held on the beach at Okanagan Lake (yes, there are beaches in Canada) in Kelowna, British Columbia.
- Atomique Productions – A leading independent concert promotions company based out of Victoria, BC. Founded with a mandate to bring a diverse range of national and international talent to the Greater Victoria population, Atomique produces an average of more than 150 concerts a year.
Can’t be a player if you don’t know the game. This year the Ticketfly crew was out in spades at countless live shows and music festivals. Here are a few acts that made 2014 an unforgettable year for live events in Canada.
Ty Segal surfs the crowd at Pop Montreal. One of our favorite and most unique Canadian music festivals, Pop Montreal is an annual not-for-proﬁt cultural event that champions independence in the arts by presenting emerging and celebrated talent from around the world.
Death From Above, a Canadian punk rock duo, plays a psychedelic stage in their hometown of Toronto
Thanks to every one of our partners, clients, friends, supporters, and fans for making 2014 so awesome for Ticketfly Canada. Here’s to another fine year of live music, great friends and really cold beer.