Ever since Ticketfly launched in Canada last January (our first international venture), we’ve been partnering with some of the greatest venues, festivals, and promoters up in the True North. We’re pleased our Canadian roster already boasts the best in the biz. NOW Magazine, Toronto’s alternative weekly, just published their “Best of” readers’ poll for this year, and it’s no surprise a number of our partners made the cut. Congrats guys!
Best Blues Bar: Dakota Tavern
Best Live Music Club: Horseshoe Tavern
Best Concert Promoter: Inertia Entertainment
Here are some of our newest Canadian clients:
- The Opera House is one of the oldest venues in Toronto and they don’t genre-discriminate. Past concerts range from modern rock superstars Rage Against the Machine to controversial rappers like Eminem.
- The Silver Dollar Room is the HUB of indie music in Toronto run by renowned promoter Dan Burke. “Live music has always been a staple at The Silver Dollar. Even during its incarnation as a strip club in the 1970s, the strippers danced to a live blues band.” …
- NXNE (aka North By North East Festival) is the northern cousin of the famous South by Southwest Festival. Now in its 20th year, NXNE is a destination for emerging artists and major-label headliners; for music filmmakers; hilarious comedians; visual, sound, and other artists; and for digital interactive innovators bridging the gap between technology and the arts.
- Algonquin Commons Theatre is a brand new theatre in Ottawa on the Algonquin College Woodroffe campus. The primary purpose of the space is to host student events, (a mix of theatre, live music, guest speakers, dance and more), and the space is also available for outside rentals.
- Screemers is the biggest haunted attraction in Toronto and Hamilton and definitely stays true to the spooky tradition.
- Electric Owl Social Club, a 350 cap club in Vancouver, is Main Street’s premiere entertainment hub and concert venue showcasing amazing international and local talents.
- Break Out West is an annual music conference and festival in Western Canada.
Other recent signs include The Capitol Theatre (Port Hope, ON), MUZIK Nightclub (Toronto, ON), ImagineNative (Toronto, ON), Grad Club (Kingston, ON), Otalith Festival (Vancouver Island, BC), The Gladstone Hotel (Toronto, ON), Wolfe Island Festival (Kingston, ON).
Photo Credit: CunninLynguists at the Opera House via blogto.com