It’s hard to believe that Ticketfly has grown to over 100 employees in such a short time. Over the past three years of incredible growth, we couldn’t have made it without the right leadership. We’re happy to add Bob Komin to that leadership team as our new CFO. Bob is the former CFO of Linden Lab, the San Francisco startup responsible for Second Life. But not to worry, Bob is aware that our recent $22 million funding round was not virtual money. And neither was Linden Lab’s: In fact, Bob oversaw a major restructuring that led to the company’s most profitable year in business since its founding in 1999. Prior to Linden Lab, Bob was the CFO of Tellme Networks, which was acquired by Microsoft for $800M in 2007. Bob’s background will help drive our continued momentum, as he brings more than 11 years of experience with VC backed companies to the table.
“One key for me joining was that at the core of my career, I’ve chosen to work at platform tech companies with SaaS pricing models (even before that term was cool) that bundle complex technologies and customization services and deliver them to clients and their customers for better results and experiences. The platform can scale to run annual volumes in the hundreds of millions making low per transaction fees possible and the whole business is focused on delivering measurable benefits to customers every day. If you can continue to deliver value like that, you will build a strong, impactful company with great client relationships for the long run,” said Bob from his new office at ‘Fly HQ. Well now that the business part is out of the way, let’s get to know him.
7 Things we should know about Bob.
- His college team: Oregon Ducks
- Favorite artist: Elvis Costello
- Favorite venue: Aladdin Theater in Portland
- Best concert he’s been to: David Byrne show at the Fillmore – With a rock band and a string quartet behind him, The Extra Action Marching Band joined in 2 hours into the show and added to the madness.
- First album he owned: Frampton Comes Alive
- Number of Pacific Northwest peaks he’s summited: 9
- Number of restaurants he’s made his way through on Michael Bauer’s Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants list: 70
We really hope it was this tune that got Bob into his chosen profession. Welcome, Bob!