Last Revised: 15 February 2017
By using the Website, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
Pour les conditions de confidentialité en français, cliquez ici.
For purposes of this policy, “Personal Data” means data that identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address, as well as any other information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Attn: Privacy Officer
111 Townsend Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
3. A Note about Children. The Services are not intended for children under 13, and we do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Data to Ticketfly, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Types of Data We Collect.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect your e-mail address and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you order tickets through our Services, we will collect information necessary to complete the transaction, which may include your name, e-mail, phone number, credit card information, billing address and other billing information, and shipping address information. We may also collect other event-related information from you. For instance, we may ask how you heard about the event or we may request your clothing size if the event provides a gift T-shirt or other apparel.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, phone, or social networking service (e.g., Twitter or Facebook), we may collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in your communication to us, in order to send you a reply, and for other reasons as stated in this policy.
- If you post content on publicly accessible portions of our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see the content. If you signed in to your Account via a social networking site (“SNS”), your profile photo may be displayed along with your posted content.
- If you respond to one of our surveys, we will collect any Personal Data you provide in your survey responses.
- We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may also collect Personal Data to administer your participation in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions and at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(d) Information Collected Automatically.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with any content appearing on our Services, such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer or device by your Internet service provider so that other computers or devices connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer or device online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers such as mobile device advertising identifiers and non-global mobile device identification numbers;
- With your permission, your exact device location;
- Information about your device such as your device type and model, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, advertising identifiers, operating system, Wi-Fi information, radio type (e.g. LTE, 3G, etc.), carrier code, and time zone; and
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
- Local Storage. Ticketfly and its advertising and technology partners may, in some instances, use HTML5 and/or Flash Local Storage (collectively, “Local Storage“) to enhance your experiences on the Service.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers also use “Pixel Tags” (sometimes referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to help us ensure that we are sending messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to, among other things, reduce the frequency of or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to help provide and improve our and our Clients’ products, services, content, and advertising for you and other users. We, our authorized service providers, and our Clients that offer the tickets you purchase or that host, organize or promote the events you browse on our Services, may use your Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- To identify you as a user in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Services;
- To provide you with content that may be of interest to you;
- To provide the tickets and Services you request;
- To contact you in the event of changes to an event, such as a change in a seat assignment or cancellation of an event that you have purchased tickets to attend;
- To measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
- To send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- To respond to your inquiries or other requests;
- To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- To help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content;
- To control the display of advertising and help deliver advertising tailored to your interests, from us, our Clients or others;
- To understand how you use our Services. For example, we may use Personal Data to determine whether our users read email messages and click on links within those messages;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms of Service; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
(b) Creation and/or Use of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to any third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Ticketfly Clients. We may share the Personal Data we collect from or about you with the Clients that offer the tickets you purchase or that host, organize, operate or promote the events you browse while using our Services. For example, our Clients may receive a list of their customers who purchased tickets through our Services together with contact information, information about the tickets each customer purchased, and information about how their customers shared content relating to the Client’s events or performances on social media. Our Clients may use and share this information for marketing, operational, analytics and other purposes pursuant to their own respective privacy policies and practices, for which we are not responsible, and that may differ from ours. Our Clients will also have access to any Personal Data collected from their own employees who access and use the administrative tools and features available through our Services together with any records or reports their employees create, and information about how their employees interact with and use those features and tools.
(b) Public Posts and Profile Pictures. Any content you post to public areas of the Services (e.g. the comment section on web pages) is available for public viewing. If you sign in to your Account via SNS and interact with the Services in a public manner (e.g. by publicly RSVP’ing to an event or posting a public comment), your SNS profile picture and link to your SNS profile may be posted on the Services together with a record of your public interaction. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, your content can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the content that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not include Personal Data that you do not want to make public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information after it has been cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
(c) Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers that we or our Clients employ to provide services on our or their behalf, such as to: provide you with the Services; process and fulfill your ticket purchase; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; provide technical support; and/or provide other services to Ticketfly or to our Clients. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our third-party service providers may be located in jurisdictions outside of the United States or Canada. If you have questions about our use of third-party service providers, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
(e) NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING LEGAL@TICKETFLY.COM. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONLY ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
(f) Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your Personal Data in connection with or during negotiation of any contemplated or actual merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Data may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the Personal Data collected by us.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information we collect:
(b) Analytics Services. You may opt-out of tracking by certain of our analytics services by visiting the following: https://mixpanel.com/optout/ for Mixpanel and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for Google Analytics. For a full list of our Analytics Services and other opt-out options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Services. If you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may also clear the opt-out cookies of our analytics services providers.
(d) Local Storage. For more information on how to manage content stored with Local Storage, which cannot be disabled using ordinary browser settings, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
(e) De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account linked to your Account, please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
(f) Accessing, Updating, Correcting, or Changing Your Personal Data. You may access, update, correct or change your Personal Data by editing it within your Account. You may also request access or changes to your Personal Data in our custody or control by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. We may request certain Personal Data for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their Personal Data records.
(g) Application. You can stop all future collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application using the standard uninstall processes supported by your mobile device and/or the mobile application marketplace or network you use.