Nov. 26, 2012
On Ticketfly’s redesigned site, YouTube integration has been taken up a notch. YouTube videos for headliners and supporting acts are now more prominently displayed on ticketfly.com.
Why should I upload YouTube videos?
On event detail pages, a play icon will appear over the event image if video content has been uploaded. Clicking the event image will automatically start the YouTube player in place of the event image. This gives fans a preview of the band and encourages them to buy tickets!
How do I add YouTube videos to event detail pages?
To add YouTube videos to ticketfly.com event detail pages, you just need to edit the Artist Record, which should only take a minute or two.
- In Backstage, open an event in Edit mode in Backstage.
- Click the Edit button next to the Artist’s name.
- At the bottom of the Artist Record, select “Search YouTube” under Videos.
- Preview and select as many videos as you would like to feature.
- Save the Artist Record.
- Repeat this process for each artist at the event.
- You only have to do this once per artist, future events will automatically feature YouTube videos you previously selected.
Success, your event has now been updated! Check out the event on ticketfly.com to see how it looks with YouTube video integrated.
What else should I know about the new ticketfly.com?
We now feature 20 events per region, per week on ticketfly.com. Want your event featured? Now that you’ve added a video, you’re halfway there! Fill out our Featured Event Request Form to be considered for the event carousel on your regional homepage.